Most people know how the baby benefits from breastfeeding, but did you know how mom benefits?
- It is the perfect distance for eye to eye contact with your newborn
- Skin to skin contact with your baby can boost oxytocin levels, also known as the “love hormone”, that reduces stress and promotes calmness
- Lowers risk for type 2 diabetes, breast and ovarian cancer
- Reduces the risk for postpartum bleeding
- Lessens postpartum depression
- No preparation for feeding needed
- Saves $1,500/year in artificial baby milk
- Extended breastfeeding of at least six months can help mothers lose weight
- Mothers miss less time from work
Just a few things to consider when choosing a feeding method for your family.