The Motherhood Experience is a tour of the Special Beginnings Birth and Women’s Center. It is also an orientation to the birthing choices available for you in our birth center.
We invite you to come in and see what we have to offer!
What to Expect During the Class
During The Motherhood Experience, you will be able to:
- Meet a midwife
- See the facility, including our comfortable birth rooms, Jacuzzi tubs and deep birth pool
- Learn about our philosophy, mission, and approach to health and wellness for you and your baby
- See if our birth center is a good fit for you
2017 Class Schedule
The Motherhood Experience is available from on the following dates (Monday classes are from 7:00 to 8:30 P.M, Wednesday classes are from 4:00 to 5:30 P.M.)
- January – Monday 16, 23, 30 (7:00 to 8:30 P.M.) – Wednesday 4, (4:00 to 5:30 P.M.)
- February – Monday 13, 20, 27 (7:00 to 8:30 P.M.) – Wednesday 8, 22 (4:00 to 5:30 P.M.)
- March – Monday 13, 20, 27 (7:00 to 8:30 P.M.) – Wednesday 8, 22 (4:00 to 5:30 P.M.)
- April – Monday 10, 17, 24 (7:00 to 8:30 P.M.) – Wednesday 5, 19 (4:00 to 5:30 P.M.)
- May – Monday 8, 15, 22 (7:00 to 8:30 P.M.) – Wednesday 3, 24, 31 (4:00 to 5:30 P.M.)
- June – Monday 12, 19, 26 (7:00 to 8:30 P.M.) – Wednesday 7, 28 (4:00 to 5:30 P.M.)
Who should attend this class?
This class is for women who are pregnant or planning to become pregnant. If you are interested in learning more about the care and support provided at a birth center, this is the perfect opportunity to do so.
If you do choose to labor and birth at Special Beginnings, this class is required so that you can meet our team and learn about the birth center.
We’re here to answer your questions and help you learn how to:
- reduce your chance of needing a cesarean birth
- avoid an episiotomy
- gain control over labor
- plan your own birth experience
During the tour, you will be able to:
- tour the facility
- learn the benefits of receiving prenatal care and giving birth in a warm, personal atmosphere with the attention of certified nurse-midwives
Please use the form below to request a registration, or call 410.626.8982 during regular office hours.